proofreading websitespaper writing serviceKCTA is supporting SB 93, which was introduced to the Kansas Senate Committee on Public Health and Welfare in February 2019. This legislation would put in place adequate protections against step therapy – an insurance industry practice that can require patients to try, and fail, on lower-cost or older treatments before coverage is granted for what was originally prescribed by the patient’s health care provider.
It’s important for legislators to hear from Kansans about issues important to them. Please contact Senate leaders below and urge them to support patient rights in Kansas by blessing this bill for a vote.
- Ensure step therapy protocols are based on widely-accepted clinical guidelines so that medicine – not cost – dictate requirements.
- Create a clear and expeditious process to protect patients from being required to try or stay on a step therapy medication if it is contraindicated or will likely cause an adverse reaction by or physical or mental harm to the patient; if the patient has a relevant comorbid condition.
- Protect patients who have already tried and failed on a drug in their current or previous health plan.
- Protect patients who are currently stable on a drug.
SB93 WILL NOT:
- Will NOT prevent insurance companies from using step therapy nor limit the number of required steps.
- Will NOT require insurers to create new clinical guidelines for step therapy protocols.
- Will NOT prevent insurers from requiring prior authorization before covering a prescription.
- Will NOT prevent insurers from requiring patients to try a generic version of a drug if it is equivalent to the brand-name prescription.
The most notable task making care you may have been struggling to find has arrived. Click on this link to ascertain all the different disciplines we would be happy to assist you with college paper
Our dissertation expert services will take out every one of the pain sensation from that. You will definitely receive a made to order constructed dissertation primary on your inbox as per your instructions cover letter writing service